NUCCA and traditional chiropractic care: a comparison
The NUCCA chiropractic technique is not a well-known procedure, but it is highly effective for many symptoms. Since 1966, the national upper cervical chiropractic association- NUCCA has developed and refined it to serve more and more people struggling with an array of symptoms like neck and back pain, migraines, vertigo, TMJ, fibromyalgia, TBI, and whiplash. UCRF is it’s research affiliate that is working for innovations and discoveries in this alignment method. For your muscle, neck, back, and TMJ disorder, the NUCCA chiropractic care is very beneficial, and the patients find it the best treatment method for their issues. In this article, I shall give you an insight into the fundamental features of NUCCA chiropractic care and traditional chiropractic practices.
NUCCA chiropractic is considered to be a gentle and effective type of chiropractic care. It focuses on long-lasting results rather than temporary pain reduction. The process involved in NUCCA focuses on decompressing the brainstem and spinal cord to balance the entire back to its original balance under gravity. It is an unstressed position in which the connection between our brain and bodies through the nervous system becomes more efficient, and it boosts the natural healing ability of the body.
The NUCCA spinal alignment and corrections are based on clear measurements, and there is thorough research and reliable outcomes when it comes to your health. NUCCA chiropractic is a process that uses the following procedure for pain reduction and spinal adjustment.
Basic features of NUCCA chiropractic
- For better adjustment and correction of each patient issue, there is a process of 3 D x rays. It provides the best calculation for the purpose. At Schrier Family Chiropractic we use a Cone Beam CT that shows a very detailed x-ray, and has less radiation than traditional x-ray.
- The imbalance in your body is measured through a gravity stress analyzer.
- X-rays are taken after an adjustment to ensure that correction is completed accurately.
- The NUCCA chiropractic method is gentle and individualized for the patient. It is not only precise, but there is very little force involved in the procedure. Most of the patients doesn’t even know that that the correction is done, because it is so gentle. There is no twisting, popping or cracking involved in the process.
- The effectiveness of NUCCA chiropractic care is proved and tested by experts. The patients call it a result-oriented treatment for their health issues.
- As the NUCCA spinal correction is precise, this correction is long-lasting and often permanent if we compare it with traditional chiropractic methods. There is a fast and better recovery and lasting outcomes with less modifications and adjustments.
- The treatment is guided by image—the NUCCA treatment benefits from x-ray calculations tailored to each patient. The adjustments have its foundation on the personal anatomy of a patient. There is also a consideration of the accumulation of traumas the individual has sustained over the lifetime.
Traditional Chiropractic Care
The ultimate goal of traditional chiropractic treatment is based on the movement to the joints, and reducing nerve pressure. When a chiropractor suggests alignment, the main objective is to realign your spine, to allow the body to heal. In this way, cracking and popping that is related to traditional chiropractic care is based on movement, and releasing tension to the joints. The cracking or popping noise is just air bubbles releasing from in between the joints, and not actually the bones themselves. Some patients like to hear or feel the release during an adjustment. You may have a problem in your neck, low back, or another part of the body when you walk into a chiropractic clinic. The chiropractic doctor assesses the spine, and does adjustments to help alleviate those problems. The process of so-called high velocity and low amplitude thrust is performed. This means that the movement to the spine is quick, but isn’t deep or too forceful. It is termed as a chiropractic adjustment. The joint is moved from its previous position where it was stuck. These techniques are used in chiropractic clinics for a number of symptoms like neck and back pain, headaches, migraines, TMJ, and others. At Schrier Family Chiropractic we are able to provide traditional chiropractic adjustments if your body responds better to these types of adjustments.
NUCCA Is Less Invasive and Very Effective
The NUCCA chiropractic adjustments, as compared to traditional chiropractic care, is based on alignment. There is no thrusting involved in this method. When you visit a NUCCA clinic, first there will be some exams and an x-ray. After an analysis at a second visit you will receive the first alignment. In chiropractic care, whether it is traditional or NUCCA, the goal is better health. The x-ray provides an insight into the part of misalignment, whether they are moved as required, or not. It means NUCCA chiropractors are exact and specific.
The correction process in itself is done with very light pressure to the atlas bone. This pressure helps realign the hole spine, because once the head and neck are centered, the rest of the body follows. There is a little pressure around the base of the neck behind the ear. Most patients think it's like magic, because even though they barely feel anything during the adjustment, they feel big changes in how they feel afterwards. This is a big difference that a NUCCA chiropractor has compared with traditional chiropractic care.
After the NUCCA doctor has studied the scans and x rays of the neck and back during the first visit, an adjustment can be done. With the light corrections, the NUCCA chiropractors make small and significant alignments to the top of the spine and bottom of the skull – the adjustment continues down the spine. The softness of touch is something that makes it so that related muscles and joints are not strained or spasm during the adjustments.
The neck is the conjunction of a lot of small joints, and they all have sensors to connect with your brain. It is hard to give complete control over your during traditional chiropractic adjustments. Many patients are scared of having their neck adjusted, but the NUUCA chiropractic adjustment makes it painless, and not scary at all. The neck is a sensitive area if there is an injury. The NUCCA technique is based on gentle force.
I am a chiropractor based in Delray Beach, and I help patients using the NUCCA chiropractic procedure. I am also trained in NSA chiropractic and traditional chiropractic adjustments. We do whatever is best for the patient to get them better.